Tuesday 2 August 2016

Back to regular routine

Well, I was on holidays for past two weeks and left my garden in care of my in-laws.  It has been crazy month here.  It has rain for 21 days in July and total tally for precipitation in month of July (unofficial reading from my weather station) was at 215 mm (~8.5 ").  So lots of rain and add to it hot temperatures during the day, garden looked like jungle one we came back.  Since we had so many thunderstorms with hail, i have noticed that my apples are all bruised and some of them started to rot unfortunately.  That is hard, as we were so delighted to see fruit on new apple trees.  The big tree fairs a bit better due to canopy protection but apples show bruising, but at least at lower scale.
Tomato started to show some sign of color, have one red pepper (hot), we already have eaten potatoes, and those were soo good.  We have great crop on peas but beans are not as great and beats are in poor shape due to hail damage.
Once I have a moment , will post photo update.

No comments:

Post a Comment