Friday 6 May 2016

Fruits

Purchased three bushes of raspberries and will plant those this weekend.  Almost forgot, we had a real rain yesterday ~4 mm in total, that is better than nothing.  Unfortunately it was only in southern portion of the province and no relief yet for fiery north.
My adventure with raspberries started sometime ago.  We planted some about 11 years ago at old property and in the next few years we had a jungle (despite cutting back every year).  My wife was in "heave" as she loves raspberries, so was my dog (she loves any berries and know how to pick them straight from the bush LOL).
Once we moved, I had to recreate the "jungle" and after planting bushes in early spring, I subjected them to late frost and slow growth.  It was dry and well, lets say "jungle" did not materialize, despite my assurance to my wife that it will (I eat my ...).  So this year I need to prop my authority on gardening, by planting more and making sure we have "a jungle" by mid-summer.  I guess, I will have to do more research to ensure success and not relay on pure luck.  Well, wish me luck and total "green thumb" this weekend.
Update, as I was stating, my lettuce is going to be served at mother's day dinner.  rain has helped, though, this morning surprising message from my weather station, display indicated -1 deg C.  Have not assessed status of plants in the tunnels yet, but suspect -1 should not have nay impact on it.  Nice surprised, potatoes that I have planted 2.5 weeks ago, they are broke through and leave are showing up.  That was nice surprise, especially in comparison with last year attempt (will post picture later).

No comments:

Post a Comment