Monday 18 April 2016

Lazy Weekend

Well, I was not so lazy, but it felt lazy.  I did put seed in my garden ~75% done.  Weather is amazing, the only component missing is rain, yes we need some rain.  I am still waiting for poly-fastener tape  (on-back order), so could not complete may new garden tunnel, but my old is very active and things are green inside (forgot to take pictures) will do photo update maybe even tonight. Garlic that we have planted last fall is coming through and looks very nice.  I did unthinkable, decide to plant potatoes that early as ground is very warm, and my sister provided me with advice "only plant potatoes when ground is warm", see if this was right decision (only did small patch).  We seeded bees, carrots, beats (red), radishes and lettuce outside, as weather definitely looks springy.  Yesterday my weather station recorded 25 deg C (in the sun), forecast call for 22 today (i guess will be about 25 again) but there is no moisture so need to water a lot.  Grass is in pretty bad condition on someplace due to exposure to south and slope, yesterday had to water patch as it was turning into desert.  No sign of rain until at lest ed if the week (so far only 30% chance on Friday), we will wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment